Reviews, Articles, Features, Interviews
- Michno, Christopher. Critic’s Picks: Los Angeles. Art Ltd. January. Online
- Ollman, Leah. Images of Beauty and Mystery. Los Angeles Times. January 19th. Calendar Section E3.
- Zellen, Jody. Amir Zaki - Seeking Clarity. ArtScene. February. Online.
- Senn, Evan. Inland Empire Artists Capture a Sense of ‘Being Here’. KCET, Southern California Cultural Journalism. April 25th. Online.
- Smith, Jennifer. MMoCA’s Focal Points Photography Show Examines American Life from Many Angles. May 22nd. Online.
- Johnson, Robin. Looking a Little Closer. Inland Empire Weekly. April 18th.
- Myers, Holly. Architecture, nature in motion. Los Angeles Times. April 12th. Calendar Section D16.
- Senn, Evan. Inland Empire Artists Capture a Sense of ‘Being Here’. KCET Artbound. Online. April 25th.
- Smith, Jennifer. MMoCA’s Focal Points Photography Show Examines American Live from Many Angles. Isthmus: The Daily Page. Online. May 22nd.
- Green, Tyler. Carmaggedon and the Presence of Absence. Art Info. Online. July 21st.
- Leclair, Larissa. Amir Zaki: Eleven Minus One. GUP International Photography Magazine. Issue 31. Pages 10-11.
- Shaw, Michael. John Divola and Amir Zaki. Modern Painters. Review. November. Page 81.
- Boodro, Michael. Hitting the Beach. Elle Décor. Online. June 3rd.
- Dykstra, Jean. Amir Zaki. Art in America. No. 9. October. Page 185.
- Faigan, Gary. The Art of Everyday Objects. KUOW Radio. Audio Feature. Seattle, WA. January 21st.
- Faigan, Gary. Amir Zaki at James Harris and Katya Marritz at Zeitgeist Café. Artdish.com. January 22nd.
- Graves, Jen. Amir Zaki. The Stranger. Cover and Review in the Stranger Suggests section. Volume 19, No. 18. January 7-13. Cover and Page 17
- Graves, Jen. California, Seattle, and Las Vegas. The Stranger. Volume 19, No. 18. January 14th-20th. Page 23.
- Grima, Joseph. Architecture and Photography: Beach Types. DOMUS Magazine #937. Review. June, 2010. Pages 6-7.
- Grima, Joseph. Architecture and Photography: Beach Types. DOMUS online. Video Interview. May 31st.
- Kyung, Ki-Nak. Bay Watch. Avenuel Magazine. Feature. July issue. Natural Cut section. Page 208.
- Miller, Brian. Amir Zaki. Seattle Weekly. Calendar Section. Seattle Weekly Online. January 13th.
- Ollman, Leah. Taking Shots at Urban Landscape. Los Angeles Times. Review. Calendar Section, D21. December 10th.
- Patterson, Robert. Artist Profile:Amir Zaki. Revolver. Interview and Image spread. Online Magazine. August 21st, 2010.
- Peers, Alexandra. Amir Zaki. The New York Observer. Art Section. May 10th, 2010. Page 39.
- Regen, Kyle. Yesterday the Stranger Suggested: Amir Zaki at the James Harris Gallery. SLOG. January 13th.
- Spencer, Rosie. Hang. Icon. Article and Image spread. Issue 083. May. Pages 115-120.
- Warchol, Kit. Amir Zaki. Modern Painters. Review. October. Page 70.
- Zellen, Jody. Eleven Minus One by Amir Zaki and The Green of This Notebook by John Divola. Afterimage: The Journal of Media Arts and Cultural Criticism. Review. November. Volume 38, Number 3. Page 27-28.
- Cochran, Jessica. Gallery Watch. Chicago Social. January. Page 44. - Lang, Karissa. Art. New City. January 24th. Page 19.
- Zellen, Jody. Amir Zaki. artUS. Issue 22, Spring. Page 31.
- Graves, Jen. At What Point is the Wax No Longer Wax?. Artinfo.com. May 24th. Online.
- Graves, Jen. At What Point is the Wax No Longer Wax?. The Stranger. May 23rd-30th. The Stranger Suggests section.
- Lippens, Nate. Amir Zaki’s Photographs Give Depth to Artifice. Seattle Post-Intelligencer. May 17th. Theatre and Fine Arts Section P-1.
- Nelson, Christian. Looking vs. Seeing. The Daily of the University of Washington. August 1st. Arts Section.
- Pence, Elizabeth. Viewfinder. artUS. Issue 20. Winter. Page 61.
- Schwendener, Martha. Amir Zaki. The New York Times. October 26th, Arts Section. Page B29
- Tumlir, Jan. Sci-Fi Historicism: Part 1. Flash Art. March-April. Pages 102-105.
- Tumlir, Jan. Sci-Fi Historicism: Part 2. Flash Art. May-June. Pages 118-121.
- Armstrong, Elizabeth. California Above All. Art Review Magazine. May-June. Pages 80-82.
- Berwick, Carly. Happenstance. ARTnews Magazine. April. Page 146.
- Blaine, Françoise-Alaine. Los Angeles: Fait Son Show. Beaux Arts Magazine. March. Page 77.
- Campagnola, Sonia. Focus on Los Angeles: Amir Zaki. Flash Art. January-February. No. 246. Page 75.
- Douglas, Theo. Let’s Talk About Us. OC Weekly. October 5th. Volume 12, No. 5. Page 31.
- Frank, Peter. Still, Things Fall from the Sky. Artweek. Review. February. Pages 15-16.
- Glueck, Grace. The New City: Sub/Urbia in Recent Photography. New York Times. Review. January 6th. Page E34.
- Knight, Christopher. Forget ‘isms’ – Except Eclecticism. Los Angeles Times. Feature. October 1st, Section E40.
- Pollack, Barbara. Happenstance. Time Out New York. Review. January 5th-11th. Page 80.
- Strodl, Kelly. Collapse, Rise. Huntington Beach Independent. Feature. October 5th. Section B1-B2.
- No Author Noted. Happenstance. The New Yorker. Review. January 16th. Page 17.
- Aletti, Vince. Amir Zaki. The Village Voice. NYC Guide. April 20th-26th. Volume L, Number 16. Page 74.
- Cotter, Holland. Happenstance. The New York Times. Review. December 30, 2005. Arts Section B37.
- Frank, Peter. Amir Zaki.. LA Weekly. Review: Pick of the Week. January 28 – February 3. Volume 27, Number 10. Page 138. - Isermann, Jim. The Artists' Artists. Artforum. Review: Best of 2005. December. Page 107.
- Klara, Robert. Domestic Anxiety. Architecture Magazine. Review. November. Pages 32-33.
- Muckenfuss, Mark. A Big Step. The Press Enterprise. Review. October 17th. Section D2.
- Myers, Holly. A Dramatic Gaze up at the Hilltop. Los Angeles Times. Review. January 28th. Calendar Section. E24.
- Ollman, Leah. 'Things Fall' but not Quite Together. Los Angeles Times. Review. November 23rd. Section E24.
- Pogrebin, Robin. Art/Architecture: The New City: Sub/Urbia in Recent Photography. New York Times. Review. October 9th. Arts and Leisure section 2. Page 39.
- Rastignac. Genuine Authentic. Domus. October Issue #885. Page 36-37.
- Schwendener, Martha. Amir Zaki. Artforum.com. Review: Critic’s Pick. April 10. Online at http://artforum.com.
- Tumlir, Jan. Amir Zaki. Artforum. Review. April. Page 195.
- Valentin, Jude. Amir Zaki’s Powerful Photos Adorn Chelsea. New York Resident. Review. March 21. Page 42.
- Wood, Eve. Amir Zaki. Art Papers. Review. May/June. Page 55.
- Zellen, Jody. Amir Zaki at the Mak Center and Roberts & Tilton. Artweek. Review. April. Page 22.
- No Author Noted. Seeing the Suburbs through a Different Lens. Los Angeles Times. January 6th. Home Section – F2.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki. Institute of Contemporary Art, University of Pennsylvania. Curatorial Hot Picks. April. Online.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki, Spring Through Winter. Skuawk.com. April. Online.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki: Spring Through Winter. Artdaily.com. February. Online.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki. Art Scene Magazine. February. Online.
- No Author Noted. Spring Through Winter. Residential Architect Online. January/February Issue. Online.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki: Spring Through Winter. Los Angeles Times-Calendar Live Critics Picks. January 25th. Online.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki: Roberts and Tilton. Los Angeles Times-Calendar Live Critics Picks. January 25th. Online.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki. KCRW Public Radio: DnA-Design and Architecture. January 24th.
- No Author Noted. Mak Center Opens Exhibit “Spring Through Winter”. Beverly Press. Volume 15, Number 1. January 6th. Page 17.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki. Tank Magazine. Volume 3, Issue 12. Back Page.
- No Author Noted. Spring Through Winter. Top Choices. Blueprint Magazine. December-January. Back Page.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki. Museums Los Angeles. Volume 6, Number 2. - No Author Noted. Amir Zaki. Architecture Week. Number 222.
- No Author Noted. Amir Zaki: Spring Through Winter. Idea Magazine. www.ideamagazine.net-
- Frank, Peter. Amir Zaki.. LA Weekly. Review: Pick of the Week. January 31 – February 6. Page 117.
- Hackett, Regina. Amir Zaki's photos of everyday scenes invite double takes. The Seattle Post-Examiner. Review. January 10. Page 15.
- Miller, Jeffrey. Age of Convenience: The Beauty of Monotony. The Stranger. Review. January 16-22. Page 32.
- Hoffman, Leslie. Skewed Perspectives. Pulp. Review. November 28th.
- McQuaid, Cate. Modern Art's North Shore Exposure. The Boston Globe. Review. March 28. Page D3
- Thomas, Mary. Artist’s Make their Own Reality in Digital Realism. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. December 7th. Section C-7.
- Cooper, Jacqueline. Amir Zaki at Roberts and Tilton,. New Art Examiner. Review. September. Page 61-62
- Hackett, Regina. Amir Zaki. Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Review, March 24. Page 22
- Hall, Emily. New Developments. The Stranger. Review, March 23-29. Page 33
- McGovern, Thomas. Amir Zaki at Roberts and Tilton. Artweek. Review. July/August. Page 85
- Schubert, Lawrence. Amir Zaki. Flaunt. May. Page 52-53
- Zellen, Jody. Amir Zaki at Roberts and Tilton. Art Press. Review. September. Page 68
- No author noted. Amir Zaki. The New Yorker. June 5. Page 21.