Projects, Commissions, Curated Exhibitions
- Public Display #3. Invited to design a digital book/catalog of original works available to view online and for end-user printing. Published by Public Access Journal. http://publicaccessjournal.wordpress.com/ January 15th.
- The Sevens. Invitational contribution to an online project hosted by artist Mark Alice Durant on the website Saint Lucy - http://saint-lucy.com. January 10.
- Flash. One photograph exhibited and gallery guide brochure produced. Curated and original essay by Joanna Szupinska-Myers. California Museum of Photography. Riverside, CA. June 1st-July 27th.
- One Picture/One Paragraph. Invitational contribution to an online project hosted by artist Mark Alice Durant on the website Saint Lucy - http://saint-lucy.com/ . January 10.
- Creative Inneneinrichter Magazine. Images from ‘Relics’ series chosen for two design magazine covers, and a website feature. German - http://www.creative-inneneinrichter.de/ci-katalog-2010.html. September
- Amir Zaki Selects Vintage Photographs of Southern California, 1870-1950. A selection and re-contextualization of historical photographs from a large archive.Steve Turner Contemporary. November 21st-December 19th. Los Angeles, CA.
- Words Without Pictures Essay Response. Original essay response entitled “Not Yet” commissioned by Charlotte Cotton, curator of photography at LACMA, as part of an online critical discussion forum surrounding issues of contemporary photography. January 3rd. Online at: http://wordswithoutpictures.org
- Wright Auction House Image Series. Commissioned project to photograph and respond to the Wright Auction House’s 60000 sq/ft warehouse space containing 20th century modernist furniture and art. Catalog reproduces 7 original works. Chicago, IL.
- Mouvement Magazine: l’indisciplinaire des arts vivants. Project featuring a double page reproduction of a photograph. July-September. Pages 134-135
- Amir Zaki: Billboard Project. Mak Center for Art and Architecture / City of West Hollywood. West Hollywood, CA. January-June
- Domus Magazine. Commissioned artist project: Photographs of the Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota - new extension by architects Herzog and de Meuron. Cover of the magazine and special feature. Issue #881. May. Tripartite cover and Pages 26-45.
- Domus Magazine. Artist project. Portfolio feature and cover of magazine. Issue #885. October. Tripartite cover and Pages 32-35.
- Grazia Magazine (Italian Version). Photographs of the Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota - new extension by architects Herzog and de Meuron. Issue 43. October, 25th, 2005. Pages 119-122.
- Ripe Magazine. Artist project. Juried selection of images. Issue: Open. November. Page 11